Pilgrim Baptist Church Cemetery
on Pilgrim Church Road in NE corner of Alexander County
Pilgrim Baptist Church was organized in 1837 with worship being conducted in a log building.
October 8 1849 -- Isaac Baker of Alexander Co grants 3 acres to Trustees of the Baptist Church at Pilgrim, for the use and benefit
of the Baptist Church.
In 1886 the church was a frame structure.
Church members raised tobacco to get money for a new church building. The church was rebuilt from brick in 1948.
The parking area around the church was paved in 1970. Air conditioning and stained glass windows came later.
Photos 1 - 12 of 36